[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
VOGN.org • View topic - Long exposure shots..

It is currently Jun 21st, 2021, 1:26 am Advanced search

Board index  ‹ General  ‹ Media

Long exposure shots..

There is where all type of media belongs. VW related and otherwise.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Long exposure shots..

Postby Fenny » Sep 24th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Anyone done any? Post em up.

Was going to go out tonight for a few shots but it's too foggy. Good locations?

Fenny

Re: Long exposure shots..

Postby Fenny » Sep 24th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Tried a couple tonight for shits and giggles. Misses at work so I'm bored. I'm still learning about my camera so I'm trying new things. I'm open for shooting everything but it seems the car is what I'm shooting the most. It's foggy and I'm a newb so shots probably suck but i'm trying. Comments and criticism welcome.

Fenny

Postby Colonel_Mustard » Sep 24th, 2012, 10:23 pm

What kind of camera do you have. A tripod is key so you can get the cam off the ground, and make sure to get the car positioned better in the frame.
Nice work. Always liked night shots, but they are hard to execute without good lighting, which is something I havent gotten into.

Colonel_Mustard

Postby GLI » Sep 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm

i have a bunch of stuff I did in the mid 90s o film. I'll see if I can dig some up next week.

AS Chris noted a Tripod is essential. when you have lots of direct light sources in your photos you'll need to push the exposure to get good results.

Composing the photo to that you get the benefit of the ambient light but not so the photo is dominated by it is key. I have one photo I took in Prague in a tunnel that caught the light bouncing off the cobble that is really cool.
Dubless.
Once upon a time there were fox gti rabbit gli westfalia.
GLI

Postby Fenny » Sep 24th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Nikon d3100. Starter DSLR but it's a nice little camera to get acquainted with taking some good photos. Wanted a nice camera for vacay next year and I got it with aeroplan points so it was free!

Don't have a tripod at the moment but would definitely like to have one for such events. Depends on how serious I get into taking photos.

For the moment I'm just learning about shutter speed, aparture and exposure. Playing with different settings and taking a few photos.

An deserted/semi deserted roads with lamp posts around that would be good for night shots?

Fenny

Postby lew » Sep 24th, 2012, 11:29 pm

I've been to this power station before and it's decent from what I remember. Need a tripod for sure and don't forget to use rule of thirds and shutter timer release.

lew

Postby vdubkarl » Sep 24th, 2012, 11:54 pm

those pictures remind me of the night that i killed a man.

i mean...in a dream

GAWN
vdubkarl

Return to Media