It is currently Dec 11th, 2018, 7:50 am Advanced search

Attn: Danny

Vendor forum for BMVWA. Look here for everything BMVWA related.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Re: Attn: Danny

Postby GLI » Mar 9th, 2011, 1:52 pm

T_Dub wrote:I'm gonna go sort of off topic here. The Jetta 6 base model has a 2.slo, and Jetta 4 suspension!?!?! WTF, thats nutty, no wonder its so cheap.

yeah there was already a WTF discussion here on this topic when the pricing and tech specs of the mk6 were released early last fall.
Dubless.
Once upon a time there were fox gti rabbit gli westfalia.
GLI

Postby Russell » Mar 9th, 2011, 2:27 pm

lewismartin wrote:
T_Dub wrote:I'm gonna go sort of off topic here. The Jetta 6 base model has a 2.slo, and Jetta 4 suspension!?!?! WTF, thats nutty, no wonder its so cheap.

It doesn't have independent rear axle and has drum breaks in the rear too :thumbdown:

And Russell, stop completly editing your posts after people reply, its really confusing.

Sorry about the editing thing! :oops: I thought I would change it before anybody replied but you guys are too quick.
2015 Golf 1.8T
Russell

Postby T_Dub » Mar 9th, 2011, 2:48 pm

GLI wrote:

yeah there was already a WTF discussion here on this topic when the pricing and tech specs of the mk6 were released early last fall.

Missed that. WTF.
2015 GTI
2006 LR3
1977 Kawasaki KZ650-810cc
1974 Kawasaki H1 Mach III
T_Dub

Postby Danny » Mar 9th, 2011, 4:31 pm

GTI,

As of now there is no offering for lowering springs to fit the new Jetta, and I should have been smart enough off earlier to realize that the GLI springs will be completely different than either the 2.0 or 2.5.
BMVA
Danny

Postby lew » Mar 9th, 2011, 5:16 pm

The H&R offerings would be equal too, if not better then a VW branded spring IMO. Also the MKV ones also apparently fit accoriding to the link GTI posted.
lew

Postby BraveLilToaster » May 30th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Hey, I just bought a 2012 GTI in November and I'd like to know the situation on APR Stage I and II intake, on whether or not it will void my VW warrenty??

Cheers
Devon
2012 Volkswagen GTI
BraveLilToaster

Postby VwFixxxer » May 30th, 2012, 8:30 pm

VW/Audi has brought into effect a method of detecting and flagging tuned ECM's in new vehicles. For example, you bring in your tuned vehicle for warranty work, during our system scan, the program we use (VW's version of Vag-com) will detect and automatically flag your ECM as tuned on VW's database. I'm not sure how this will affect your full vehicle warranty, but i'm sure it will have some effect on any electronics/powertrain warranty.
VwFixxxer

Postby GLI » May 30th, 2012, 9:36 pm

:thumbdown: potentially yet another wedge between VAG and the loyalists.
Dubless.
GLI

Postby vdubkarl » May 30th, 2012, 11:54 pm

its still possible the software engineers can find a way around the detection method...they've had to do it before i'm sure...this is how technology progresses :D
vdubkarl

Postby Fenny » May 31st, 2012, 2:35 am

So it can detect ECM changes even if they have lockouts and are put back to stock mode as APR tuning claims Jon?
Fenny

Postby Danny » May 31st, 2012, 11:59 am

GLI wrote::thumbdown: potentially yet another wedge between VAG and the loyalists.

This is not necessarily true. VW will not warranty work that is completed by another company, or work that alters the manufacturer's specs on the vehicle. Just because somebody tunes an ECM doesn't quite make them a loyalist, but perhaps somebody who just wants to increase performance.

Not warranting work completed elsewhere is an industry standard in all retail markets, especially altering the vehicle. However, flashes and air intakes should not affect any warranty work unless the problem is deemed to be created by the work completed. I have not had any warranty work turned away for performance upgrades, even Brent's 1.8T Jetta that chewed through transmissions after his stage 2 upgrade!

Devon, best of luck with the upgrades!
BMVA
Danny

Postby GLI » May 31st, 2012, 2:34 pm

I didn't mean for it to sound as though I would expect VAG to warranty anyone elses work; that would be rediculous.

To me it sounds like another loophole to avoid warranty repair on something unrelated to the ECU re-flash. eg my cam follower.

brand loyalty only builds if the company stands behind the product and does not hide behind excuses.

yes I am bitter.
Dubless.
GLI

Postby dubnut » May 31st, 2012, 6:35 pm

Danny wrote:
GLI wrote::thumbdown: potentially yet another wedge between VAG and the loyalists.

This is not necessarily true. VW will not warranty work that is completed by another company, or work that alters the manufacturer's specs on the vehicle. Just because somebody tunes an ECM doesn't quite make them a loyalist, but perhaps somebody who just wants to increase performance.

Not warranting work completed elsewhere is an industry standard in all retail markets, especially altering the vehicle. However, flashes and air intakes should not affect any warranty work unless the problem is deemed to be created by the work completed. I have not had any warranty work turned away for performance upgrades, even Brent's 1.8T Jetta that chewed through transmissions after his stage 2 upgrade!

Devon, best of luck with the upgrades!

God love ya! :lol:
Bagged '08 GLI - K04 - APR Tuned
dubnut

Previous

Return to Bill Matthews Volkswagen Audi