It is currently Apr 1st, 2020, 5:55 pm Advanced search

Site User Registering

Having trouble with the forum? Ask your question here.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Site User Registering

Postby GTI » Nov 12th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Just a note to anyone registering as a User for this site from time to time I or we (myself or Lewis) may accidently delete your New User Request. We get about 50 user account requests a day and 98% of them are spam users. Most of the time these are very easy to spot because of the user names so we just delete them but occasionally we may accidently delete a legit user especially if we don't recognize the user name (from other boards or the user name is VW realted) or the email address associated with the request is not recognized.

Please select a user name that is either easy identified to your name or has some conncetion to the site. If we (or I) delete your request I apologize in advance and please reapply.

Cheers,
Scott
aka GTI
1983 Rabbit GTI
1984 Rabbit GTI
1983 Rabbit Cabriolet
2007 GTI
GTI

Re: Site User Registering

Postby GTI » Jan 19th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Hi folks the number of spam user account registration requets has gone through the roff the last few days and it's really hard trying to stay ahead of them without deleting them all with one fell swoop lol. So if I happen to delete your account I apologizevin advance.

The new site will have better security features and spam/bot trolls will not be able to apply and we will remove the approval system in place now for new users.

Thanks everyone.
1983 Rabbit GTI
1984 Rabbit GTI
1983 Rabbit Cabriolet
2007 GTI
GTI

Return to Forum Help