It is currently Aug 22nd, 2018, 3:24 am Advanced search

Facebook Post

Vendor forum for BMVWA. Look here for everything BMVWA related.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Facebook Post

Postby Danny » Mar 28th, 2014, 8:56 am

Hello all,

You may or may not have seen an unfortunate facebook post from somebody last night, slamming us and myself. I wanted to point out to the VOGN members (and as many people as possible) that this is facebook posting is not correct!

The person in question requested to have parts installed on their vehicle, however we have had three instances in the past where the customer has been dishonest and theft was attempted. Upon this later request, which was at the beginning of this week, we decided it was best for us to not be involved in any further servicing on this vehicle (this is an older vehicle, no warranty implications could ever arise). As you can understand, I'm in the business of turning away customers, however with the person's history inside the dealership we felt it was safer for us to opt out of installing his supplied parts (these may or may not have fit, they were performance replacement parts).

I feel that once again this person has deceived me, and harmed the company with their slander. For anybody who would like more information (I will not name names) they are welcome to contact me directly or drop by the dealership. I have 14 photos that I have kept on my desktop since October 2012 to protect myself should this person ever return, plus I have RO's to confirm the allegations are false. The idea that we scuffed his vehicle is outrageous once you see the pictures, which I can share in private should anybody wish to confirm this further.

As VW owners, you all know me and how hard and honestly I work for my family, you people and all customers and staff. These type of posts and allegations are unfortunate, I would appreciate you taking the time to read this, and even if you can go one step further and rebut the slander on facebook - should you have seen it. Again, if you want proof of anything before you make any judgments, please contact me I have lots.

PS - a nice note, it was not me who contacted them in the end, it was Audi Canada who advised the customer.

Sincerely,

Dan Matthews
BMVA
Danny

Re: Facebook Post

Postby the gas man » Mar 28th, 2014, 7:26 pm

Hey Danny, I did not see the post but am sure you did what was right. Having just picked up my third vehicle in 4 years you know I have nothing but good things to say about the service I receive. Thanks
2014 Tiguan 2015 Jetta Highline 2011 kawasaki Z1000
the gas man

Postby jrhayes5 » Apr 22nd, 2014, 1:01 am

I've been living in Ottawa since October and only wish we had a VW dealership half as good as you guys. Shame that this happened.
2007 Rabbit 2.5
jrhayes5

Postby Danny » Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:52 am

Thanks for the kind words, Ottawa is a beautiful city though and they have a pretty serious VW club up that way from what I hear. I really appreciate the compliments, hope you're enjoying your time up there.
BMVA
Danny

Return to Bill Matthews Volkswagen Audi