It is currently Nov 21st, 2019, 5:53 pm Advanced search

Big thanks to Bill Matthews

Vendor forum for BMVWA. Look here for everything BMVWA related.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Big thanks to Bill Matthews

Postby T.J. » Aug 1st, 2012, 11:02 pm

Hey ,

just wanted to let everyone know that BIll Matthews have come through for me on my questionable warranty paint repair. I recently developed some paint peel and rust right behind my drivers side front wheel and I was informed by one of the staff members that it would probably not be covered due to aftermarket wider wheels. But, turns out somebody was looking out for me in the claims department and they will be fixing it!

Big thanks guys!
2008 Rabbit
T.J.

Re: Big thanks to Bill Matthews

Postby Fenny » Aug 2nd, 2012, 10:43 am

Sweet!
Fenny

Postby Danny » Aug 2nd, 2012, 5:13 pm

Glad it was approved for you. Thanks.
BMVA
Danny

Postby jrhayes5 » Sep 10th, 2012, 6:46 pm

I must say that I had an opposite experience, I have some corrosion on my passenger side rocker panel that bubbled up from below the paint and VW isn't doing a thing to help. I had submitted the claim through BMVA, but got denied warranty. The explanation from VW was " No warranty. Surface corrosion on edge of door sill resulting from paint wear/scraping due to contact with door." Anything I can do further to get this taken care of?
2007 Rabbit 2.5
jrhayes5

Postby Danny » Sep 11th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Rocker panel paint wear/rust is being turned down by VW essentially all the time. The main reason is because the paint is being worn off by objects stricking the rockers (ie as your drive, dirt coming up and hamring the paint finish, allowing rust to form). These claims are being turned down because it isn't being caused by design or abnormal paint defects.

VW is tightening their grip on paint claims, they have re-vamped the entire process this year. Last year VW Canada was charged back over 1 million dollars by VW AG due to improper claim approvals, now they are watching everything very closely. Front fenders are still approved on site, but all other paint/rust warranty issues are at the hands of VW Canada. Rocker panels are typically a no go for approval, unless it is a new model vehicle.
BMVA
Danny

Postby matt877 » Sep 11th, 2012, 7:30 pm

I'm awaiting approval on two locations. Front drivers side fender, and rear passenger fender.

Danny - I had to wait for approval for both. Why wasn't it approved on site if what you say is the case? Because there was two?
matt877

Postby Danny » Sep 12th, 2012, 9:29 am

Matt,

Sorry for the confusion, but we are allowed to authorize front fender replacement on Jetta models only. I didn't do a good job of stating that fact above, my bad.
BMVA
Danny

Postby jrhayes5 » Sep 14th, 2012, 2:06 pm

My rust started from inside the door where a rock couldn't have possibly hit. Should I try for warrantee again?
2007 Rabbit 2.5
jrhayes5

Postby Danny » Sep 18th, 2012, 2:33 pm

You can have another claim opened but if VW has denied the claim already from the same area then re-submitting this existing claim will result in the same denial (going from experience). The rocker claims are usually being denied, I don't mean to be the bad news bear, but I am going by what I have seen.

I Am away attending meetings for the rest of the week, but I can inquire about it further next week when I return. I would ask you to send me a reminder to do this for you please where I'm not at the office I can write it down
BMVA
Danny

Return to Bill Matthews Volkswagen Audi