It is currently Mar 3rd, 2021, 2:32 am Advanced search

A Big Thanks

Official forum for The Dub Show. Check out http://thedubshownl.ca for more info.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew, Colonel_Mustard, Aucoin

A Big Thanks

Postby Aucoin » Aug 19th, 2014, 6:44 pm

This year with your help, we helped raise $1229.85 and well over 1000$ in estimated food donations.

There’s something to be said when a community of automotive enthusiasts comes together and opens their wallets for such a good cause. Especially when Mr. Lahey gives his entire 50/50 winnings back to Ronald McDonald house. :clap:

From a show that started off being planned at Don Cherries over 6 years ago, Chris, Lewis, Melissa and myself are proud to call the event our own.

We have such an awesome group of people who support us each year and we want to say, thank you.

To our sponsors Bill Matthews, Danny as every for every year, thank you for all your support.

Everyone over Newfoundland Classifieds, thank you for your constant support.

Jordan at CarTunes, thanks for the support, coming out, the awesome prize and the music.

To THE ENTIRE MARTIN FAMILY. Seriously, Poppy was here at the house late night helping us with prizes, and just wait for the pictures from Adam. Seriously, they were out in full force this year and it was awesome.

To Bryan and Lauren, for everything you guys did on Saturday, from getting the BBQ, the tent, the tables, the coolers, the propane, delivering it, setting it up, actually working the BBQ and registration, taking it all down, delivering it back to our place. Right? Thank you!

Johnny Mallard for bringing the sun, helping out with registration, and bringing the metal.

Travis, you and your father made registration so much better this year. Thank you.

Dave and Steve on the BBQ.

Blair: thanks for everything, selling T-shirts, getting prizes, putting up posters.

Scott for sending out the emails and of course VOGN.

Brent, again huge thanks and the party was an awesome addition to this year!

Ryan for being an awesome car director!

Thanks to everyone who just makes this show fun. It is a hell-of-alota work but it's something we all look forward to each summer.

Lewis, Chris, Melissa and Jon.

The Dub Show
My climate control consists of window cranks.

The Dub Show 2015- This year with MOAR 50/50.
Aucoin

Re: A Big Thanks

Postby emkayfourturbo » Aug 19th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Big thanks to you guys for another great show this year and more to come!
1989 2.0 16v
1984 GTI
2015 GTI (Lauren's car)

"Wheel gap is like a vagina...the more fingers you can fit, the worse off you are"
emkayfourturbo

Postby IamJetta » Aug 19th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Deadly show, great turn out.
2003 Jetta 1.8T
IamJetta

Postby dubnut » Aug 20th, 2014, 6:27 am

Another great show in the books! Thanks for another great year, guys!
Bagged '08 GLI - K04 - APR Tuned
dubnut

Postby oscanada » Aug 20th, 2014, 11:31 pm

hahah I want "Professional Car Director" added to my CV and I demand business cards!
Ryan Hayward
VW:
2001 GTI 1.8T Black
1984 Rabbit (GTI Clone)
Non-VW:
2004 Echo Hatchback
oscanada

Postby Danny » Aug 21st, 2014, 9:15 am

I heard this was the best one yet, I'm always happy to support and will always do so....I'm not a fan of me missing the last two years though.
BMVA
Danny

Postby GTI » Aug 21st, 2014, 11:38 am

No biggie on my end there Jon only to glad to help and spread the word. I'm sorry I missed the show but the new titanium valve hadn't seated yet and I didn't have the drive to get there.

I'm glad it all went well, the weather cooperated and you guys had a good turn out. Still waiting on more pictures of the show and to see who was out to represent the MK1 Mafia lol.

Congrats to all and see you all on the road soon. 3 more weeks and this new valve will be seated and I can get my old ass back down the road!
1983 Rabbit GTI
1984 Rabbit GTI
1983 Rabbit Cabriolet
2007 GTI
GTI

Postby GTI » Aug 21st, 2014, 12:41 pm

I need to get my tshirt loot bag as well so let me know who and where I can pick it up. Thanks!
1983 Rabbit GTI
1984 Rabbit GTI
1983 Rabbit Cabriolet
2007 GTI
GTI

Return to The Dub Show