It is currently Feb 23rd, 2018, 7:57 am Advanced search

Board index  ‹ General  ‹ Lounge

Warning! Warning! Warning!

Random topics that don't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Warning! Warning! Warning!

Postby air-cooled » Oct 26th, 2015, 10:16 pm

Just thought I'd send out a warning to anyone who wants to have a car shipped. Do not use Livingston's.
They did $3500 worth of damage on my new truck and are only offerimg me $500 to get it all repaired.
They are refusing to accept responcability for most of it. They say there's only 2 small scratches that they did.
There is also 200 extra km on the truck from when it was shipped.
I've been reading other people's experiences and they said their cars wer used for joy rides and they were also only offered
$500 compensation.
I don't know what else to do but I will try and spread the word about what happened to my truck.
I've been emailing the company. A woman named Joanna who either don't reply or replies with the same comments. That they have reviewed my claim and find that all except 2 small scratches are pre existing.
Anyway just a heads up. If I can't get the cash out of them at least I can save someone else the torment and disappointment of receiving their pride and joy full of damage.
These are just the most noticeable scratches. There's a lot of smaller ones all over the truck.
Before

After

air-cooled

Re: Warning! Warning! Warning!

Postby GTI » Oct 27th, 2015, 9:28 am

Crazy! It is a local company? If you really want to do some damage you need to take this to social media. Shit like this spreads like crazy on facebook. Make a call to CBC TV and submit it as a news story. They make take it and air it then maybe you might get some more results from the company like those people in Paradise did last year about the wood bugs in their hardwood floors. Manufacturer said not us, installer said not us but once it hit the media a claim was settled out of court!
1983 Rabbit GTI
2007 GTI
2007 Rabbit
GTI

Re: Warning! Warning! Warning!

Postby Danny » Nov 20th, 2015, 11:25 am

You can go to arbitration with them most likely, it will all come down to the inspection documents that were completed. You need to go through that and see what damages were highlighted on the pickup document compared to the drop off inspection. You also have a very small window to make these claims, it must be under 24 hours, or noticed at the time of drop of if you sign for the vehicle there.

We see some damages with the volume of cars that come in and out, and usually the companies are good to deal with. I don't use Livingston on a regular basis, but do use them at times as they can be subcontracted out by other companies, etc. They did damage one car, about $2,000 but paid the entire invoice. This was about 4 years ago now. They will only ever pay repairs though, no depreciated value, just like insurance.
BMVA
Danny

Return to Lounge