It is currently Oct 17th, 2017, 10:56 am Advanced search

HELP PLEASE! PLEASE 89 golf.

Looking to buy something? Ask in here.

Moderators: Fenny, oscanada, GTI, lew

Re: HELP PLEASE! PLEASE 89 golf.

Postby Royal » Dec 17th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Looks just like the 87gt turbo special I scrapped for the Bingley bracket. Sludge pumps are expensive for these as well. Door handles are one year only without the giggling pin found in later cars.
I say sell it. Find something your friends can't tear the door handles off of. But please feel free to post up a funny video of yourself crawling in through the hach.
Royal

Postby 89vwbabe » Feb 21st, 2017, 12:10 am

Royal wrote:Looks just like the 87gt turbo special I scrapped for the Bingley bracket. Sludge pumps are expensive for these as well. Door handles are one year only without the giggling pin found in later cars.
I say sell it. Find something your friends can't tear the door handles off of. But please feel free to post up a funny video of yourself crawling in through the hach.

im only just seeing this now, lol. i still got her and shes on her 3rd set of door handles lol. im still crawling threw the hatch too hahaha!
89vwbabe

Postby 89vwbabe » Feb 21st, 2017, 12:15 am

Karmann16v wrote:I going to mention some things I've noticed here.

The origional poster seems to be less than truefull about her car. See claims its not the same car as the facebook one GTI linked. It clearly is (without wheels and grille spoiler) both cars have the same fenders. Both have similarly dented hood. The antenna has the same unnatural slope. The driver door has the same dent as a well as the EXACT same rust spot at the top edge of the dent. I believe she posted a couple of times its not the same car, once also saying though its not the same car, but she was there when it sold for twice the asking price. She has the car on facebook looking to sell it or for parts depending on whos asking. Selling on kijji too. Asking a rediculious price when it is for sale.
Turbo? No. Passing the car off as something its not. You may have thought or been told it was a turbo, I'll give you that. Most of us here on this site have VW knowledge much greater than average and can easily identify VW items, cars, and their quirks. We cannot be fooled, and get terribly offended when someone tries.

Local VW people are generally very nice, frendly people, who willingly share knowledge, labour and even parts. I think if we were given solid knowledge on you car, some of us would be more forthcoming with leads for you.

It is an interesting car. German miltary import I suspect, seen a few others out of Goose over the years. Not a super sought after car, but interesting.

Don't give up on it, or us. It gets better.

Murph, if that quad grille is off my old jetta coupe, it was a GTI grille origionally.

when i first posted this it was my first vw, i was mislead on the car :( .... quite mislead at that..... since then iv found out after inspecting it its not turbo and im sorry for that... im the third owner and it was brought to goose bay on to the US base in 1997 by the first owner and was here since. im still currently trying to find parts lol.
89vwbabe

Previous

Return to Wanted